My role as your birth doula is to support you to have the most positive experience possible. The way this works is that we meet a few times during pregnancy so I get to know you & your family really well. Each birth is as unique as you, so we work together to find the best way I can support you. This could include information about how the birth process works, talking about previous birth experiences, building up a toolkit of comfort measures, preparing mentally for the challenges of labour, helping you and your partner become an effective team, working with fear-processing techniques to promote calm & relaxation, meeting your young children to help with child care during the birth or any other myriad of issues. I have many years of experiences and feel confident that whatever happens I will be there with you and your partner to help navigate some of the most memorable months of your life.
Then at 38 weeks of pregnancy I go on call for you 24 hours a day. When you need me, I will be there to offer continuous support for the whole labour.
My goal is to help you to feel safe and relaxed. I do not lead nor advise, yet assist you to find the right choices for you. I work in a home, hospital or birth centre setting, and work alongside midwives, obstetricians and other professionals to help create the ideal birth team whatever kind of birth you are preparing for.
My full *gold* doula package includes
- At least four antenatal visits
- Continuous labour and birth support
- At least two postnatal visits
- Ongoing email / phone support from when we start meeting to 6 weeks postnatally
- Access to my extensive lending library of pregnancy, birth, parenting and positive living books
- Signposting to local groups, practitioners, national organisations & useful websites
- A complementary copy of my book – A Birth Path: Stages & States of consciousness
- Optional extras: Mother blessing Ceremony and/or Baby welcoming ceremony
Retaining fee 50% of full fee is payable when contract is signed. The remainder of the full fee, payable by 38 weeks into the pregnancy. Talk to me about payment by instalments.
**For other types of doula support (postnatal or a different kind of birth package) please get in touch**
Some useful pages for further reading: