Hazel Acland Tree is a qualified holistic childbirth educator and doula having completed her training course with Olivia Seck of Birthing Wisdom, Devon. She initially worked as a lay birth supporter in Guatemala supporting friends and family after the birth of her own son before returning to live & work in the UK.
It was also in Latin America (Mexico & Guatemala) that she apprenticed with traditional celebrants and studied the art of ceremony and more specifically the calendar of days. This training built on her instinctive understanding and body wisdom through studying the old ways of her native land England. She taught workshops on healing through Reiki, Emotional Freedom Technique, massage and also practised Touch for Health Kinesiology. She spent half of her adult life travelling the world; living, learning languages and immersing herself in different cultures. This love of anthropology brought her back to my native land with fresh eyes and an open heart, and it was here she found just how much she loves the rolling green hills, the streams and wooded glens. She rediscovered her love of the hazel tree and the oak, the ash, the holly and the beech. Having lived so long without the traditional change of seasons she was delighted to notice all the little signs as one month rolled into the next, connecting how what was happening outside was being reflected within. Like a child, she loves to live in awe and wonder with the world.
An integral part of her life is daily connection with nature through mindfulness. She lives on an organic smallholding with my partner and son, in Devon, where they grow their own food and spend many hours processing, fermenting, preserving, baking sourdough bread and wild food foraging.
Hazel Acland Tree
- a recognised Doula with Doula UK
- represents Doula UK in the European Doula Network
- organises an informal world wide network of doulas called A Cuddle of Doulas
- an independent celebrant
- a trained peer breastfeeding supporter
- teaches workshops and offers one-to-one support during pregnancy, birth and beyond
- regularly hosts women’s circles at her home and around the UK
- author of A Doula’s Journey (a novel) and A Birth Path – stages and states of consciousness
- a reiki master, EFT practitioner, Touch for Health kinesiology practitioner and massage therapist
- bilingual in English & Spanish
- a mother
Find her on Facebook