The Way of the Witch year-long initiatory journey offers women a safe, sacred space to step through the doorway of the prosaic into a world rich with symbolism & meaning. The course is for women who already see themselves as witches, as well as those who don’t. It is open to all women and not any faith or religion specific.
Topics covered revolve around the 4 seasons, incorporating the 4 directions, elements, states of being. We also honour the sacred days, or witches sabbaths – namely the solstices, equinoxes & cross-quarter festivals.
The aim is to enable women to step into their powerful wholeness, embracing the shadow as well as the light, the wounded as well as the healer. This could sound contradictory, but by being able to hold the all of who we are there is great power, and from here the manifestation of will, or magic is a step away.
What you can expect to receive in the year-long course:
• Monthly gatherings in the yurt to share and practice our craft together
• A safe, supportive space to develop your innate skills
• A private online group for support between monthly gatherings
• A comprehensive curriculum covering 3 main themes of cycles of womanhood & rites of passage, nature and wild ways, craft and ritual sacred space
• Ceremonies to honour our rites of passage and prepare to support others as they cross these thresholds: menarche, hand-fasting, childbirth, naming, priestess, death
• An understanding of the process of labour & childbirth
• How to work with your menstrual cycle and fertility life-cycle
• Connection with the seasons, moon, tides and element through ceremony
• Practice in foraging and herbal medicine
• Connection with nature
• An introduction to various divination crafts & healing modalities
• Connecting with the four main stages of womanhood: maiden, mother, matriarch and crone
• Connecting with the archetypes of a witch/wise woman: seer, priestess, healer, midwife
• An overview of cycles: from personal to planetary
• Honouring of the 8 sacred sabbaths: solstices, equinoxes and cross-quarter festivals
• Story telling
• Altar making
• Ceremony creating
• Extra resources
Download the PDF HERE
The year course runs over a 12 moons, on the third Saturday each month 10.30am – 5.30pm. Near Exeter, Devon. Attending an introductory day before booking is essential (details below)
Cost for full year training: £750 with a £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your place. There is one bursary place available at a 25% discount for a ‘hearth sister,’ who cares for the fire. Payments can be done in instalments and are assessed on an individual basis.
Introductory days for the 2020 – 2021 Way of the Witch:
Saturday 23rd November 2019 10.30am – 4.30pm
Saturday 18th January 2020 10.30am – 4.30pm
£60 with lunch included.
Get in touch to find out more and book an introductory day