Pregnancy & childbirth is a time of transformation on all levels: physical, mental, emotional & spiritual. It is a rite of passage, through which once passed we are forever changed. It is up to us how we prepare for and approach these intense periods of change. With the virtual world at our fingertips we are able to research innumerable amounts of information, as never before. Yet in our time hungry world I feel it is upmost importance that we give ourselves, and our growing child the precious gift of time. The presence of our attention increases self-awareness, which in turn is extremely important when preparing for birth & parenting. Many answers we seek, lie within. My work is about holding a safe, sacred space for you.
I have been working with the energy of birth since 2004 when my beautiful son was born. Then, in 2006 I started supporting others through this life-changing process, as a birth doula. I am recognised by Doula UK, I am also author of the booklet: A Birth Path: Stages & states of Consciousness. You can read more about me HERE
Birth doula – individual support during pregnancy, labour & birth, and post-partum. See below for more details.
Weekly Pregnancy Circle – Wednesday evenings 7pm-9pm. Next term: 16th January – 20th February. All pregnant women welcome. For six weeks we will share sacred space around preparing for birth & mothering. The group is closed for each 6-week block, but you can return for as many 6-weeks blocks as you like. There will be a post-partum group starting later in the year.
Cost for all six sessions: (Sliding scale pay what you can afford) £30 – £120.
Location – The Full Circle Sacred Yurt Space. near Exeter. EX5 3JN. Driving directions given after booking.
Topics we’ll cover
- Finding feelings
- Exploring birth culture
- Childbirth as a rite of passage
- Holistic stages of labour & birth
- Breath work
- Rituals & ceremonies to honour the sacred
- Birth art
- Postpartum period
- Intuitive parenting
My full *gold* doula package includes
- At least four antenatal visits
- Continuous labour and birth support
- At least two postnatal visits
- Ongoing email / phone support from when we start meeting to 6 weeks postnatally
- Access to my extensive lending library of pregnancy, birth, parenting and positive living books
- Signposting to local groups, practitioners, national organisations & useful websites
- A complementary copy of my book – A Birth Path: Stages & States of consciousness
- Optional extras: Mother blessing Ceremony and/or Baby welcoming ceremony
Retaining fee 50% of full fee is payable when contract is signed. The remainder of the full fee, payable by 38 weeks into the pregnancy. Talk to me about payment by instalments.
Get in touch to find out more: